Thursday 2 June 2011

A first outing


My first time out of body came a year or so after I first started trying to project. It turned out to a be a terrifying but exhilarating experience!

I slept the night at my father's home, then got up early, around 6am. It was the weekend, so I decided to go back to sleep once I got home, around 9am. (Since then, I've found that most of my astral experiences happen while sleeping in.)

After going back to sleep, I had a very nice dream about sitting by a water fountain on a sunny day. I woke up in the middle of the dream, and decided I would try to get back to the dream. I can sometimes do this by lying my head back down on the pillow, thinking nothing, and willing the dream back.

I started to to this, and then I remembered something I had read about astral projection: body asleep + mind awake = astral projection. My body was already slipping into sleep, so I willed myself to stay conscious.

Suddenly I lost all sensation of my body, but my mind stayed very conscious. This already felt very scary! All of a sudden, there was a sound like a siren getting louder and louder, rising in pitch.

It felt like my whole being was vibrating faster and faster and rising in energy. My field of vision went white, and there were brilliant white streaks of light flying by all around me. All of a sudden I started to see my bedroom through the light.

I had been lying on my stomach, and now it felt like I was lifting upwards off my bed, moving backwards up into the the air. Even though I had read all about astral projection, I was gripped by complete panic! I started flailing my arms (my astral arms I guess) and trying to grab at the spot below me where I thought my physical body was.

As I was doing this, a small white face appeared beside my bed, looking straight at me. I may be wrong about this, but my impression at the time was that this was an astral entity that had sensed my panic and came over to see what the problem was. It seemed like a simple, benevolent creature, and not really human, although it had a human face. I didn't notice a body, but if it was standing on the floor, then it was probably about three feet tall.

I also sensed another presence, which I'll discuss in further posts, along with more about the white-faced being.

Before I had time to process any of this, I was suddenly back in my body. I had no feeling of reentry, I was just back to normal. Soon I was kicking myself for having panicked and blown my chance at a full-fledged projection. I had a slight headache for a few hours afterwards, but I was also filled with excitement about what had happened.

I've never had strong exit sensation like I did the first time, so this was a unique experience.

What was your first time like? Were you scared, or did you keep it together and make the best of the experience?

Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment